Capacitor Values

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kfj

Capacitor Values

Post by kfj »

Quick question. I'm currently soldering in the parts for the VCF and I've noticed that I don't seem to have any .018uf polyester capacitors. One is supposed to go in C18. I must have forgot to order them (self sourced build). I have some spare .010uf caps and I wondered if I could use one of those instead. Would it have a noticable effect on the sound? Thanks.

mmm

Re: Capacitor Values

Post by mmm »

kfj wrote:Quick question. I'm currently soldering in the parts for the VCF and I've noticed that I don't seem to have any .018uf polyester capacitors. One is supposed to go in C18. I must have forgot to order them (self sourced build). I have some spare .010uf caps and I wondered if I could use one of those instead. Would it have a noticable effect on the sound? Thanks.
Since C18 is part of the filter ladder it is likely that the effect would be noticeable.

kfj

Re: Capacitor Values

Post by kfj »

MMM wrote:
kfj wrote:Quick question. I'm currently soldering in the parts for the VCF and I've noticed that I don't seem to have any .018uf polyester capacitors. One is supposed to go in C18. I must have forgot to order them (self sourced build). I have some spare .010uf caps and I wondered if I could use one of those instead. Would it have a noticable effect on the sound? Thanks.
Since C18 is part of the filter ladder it is likely that the effect would be noticeable.
Ok, thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”