x0xb0x low/no output

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jonat8han

x0xb0x low/no output

Post by jonat8han »

Hi,

I've got a x0xb0x I bought from x0xsource.com in 2009. It recently stopped outputting signal (or, I should say it's *extremely* quiet - virtually inaudible over hiss/line noise). I've written x0xsource.com several times & received no response.

Both the headphone jack & mix out exhibit this behavior.

I did some searching here, and decided the the BA6110 might be at fault? So, I measured the voltages on the pins & they seemed to be consistent with what people on the forums were suggesting. I'm pretty ignorant wrt electronics, but I can solder & test voltages.

Would appreciate help either:

Troubleshooting the problem - maybe someone who knows better can walk me through where/what/how to test?

Repairing my x0xb0x - I'll pay someone to repair it ... I'm in Los Angeles, if there's anyone local

contacting x0xsource - anyone know them? did they shut down? the website seems to indicate they're operational since you can still order from them.

thanks so much

epaecaps

Re: x0xb0x low/no output

Post by epaecaps »

hey

did you get yours fixed or did you find out what the problem was, I am experiencing a very similar issue.. The leds are not working either

jonat8han

Post by jonat8han »

no, no change in the status on this. Sounds like you've got a more serious problem than I, though - all my LEDs are fine!

mmm

Post by mmm »

Please check what happens with your output if you connect a signal to the external input.

If this is also very quiet the problem lies in the final output amp (which feeds also the headphone amp); if this signal is normal we'll have to dig a bit deeper.

jonat8han

Post by jonat8han »

Hi MMM,

thanks for your response - sorry, I should have mentioned - the External Input seems to be functioning normally.

jonat8han

Post by jonat8han »

btw, I replaced the BA6110 and this works now ...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”