All seems ready to go but no go

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bryan_gibbs

Re: All seems ready to go but no go

Post by bryan_gibbs »

not sure how to specify the port connection

bryan_gibbs

Post by bryan_gibbs »

Not sure how i did it but i was able to choose the port and loaded the .nsp file as you suggested.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 5.58.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 5.58.58 PM.png (419.27 KiB) Viewed 812 times

mmm

Post by mmm »

Well? Is the playback for this pattern working now?

If yes, we can continue trying to find what's wrong. As I said the digital side probably works. If the Tempo LED lights up for all modes it probably means that the Mode switch is stuck to the "zero" position (which is Pattern Play) which in turn hints that the Mode Switch might not be getting the ROTARYCOM signal. My first suspect here would be Q5.

antto

Post by antto »

when you run BANNED, on init - it scans the currently available serial ports (windows) or /dev/usb.* (osx) and stores them in a list
then, when you go to the Settings menu - you can press left/right to choose from that list, or hit Enter to type a port name manually
you can also edit the config file with a text editor (but make sure BANNED isn't running then)

so, you loaded the pattern, Auto L/S appears to be enabled, so the pattern has been sent to the x0x at bank1 slot1
now, if you set the Bank selector to 1, and press slot 1 (the low-C key on the keyboard) - you should select that pattern and be able to play it

bryan_gibbs

Post by bryan_gibbs »

Much thanks to MMM and antto seems that Q5 was inserted backwards, and the Mode with now works. Ill finish testing midi and Din sync tonight but I can now tell its changing modes now.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”