midi programing help!!!

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
crazylarry

midi programing help!!!

Post by crazylarry »

so i can tell there are quite a few heads in here, so i figured this would be the place to ask. i want to build my own midi controller for my live set. i know im going to ahve to prgogram an eeprom or osme other kind of chip, and i dont know how to do that. are there resourses anywhere that kind of go through this at all? thanks in advance for any help!!!

L-

controlvoltage

Post by controlvoltage »

Do you have any other programming skills to begin with?

Perhaps something based on a kit or existing electronics would be good for you: check out the controllers various people have built using Doepfer's range of clever control widgetry:
http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm

moogah

Post by moogah »

www.ucapps.de

Read everything you can stand to read on that site. Thats exactly what you are looking for.

creekree

Post by creekree »

i second that.
greatgreatgreat stuff, huge community, totally customizable.

Fallenstar

Post by Fallenstar »

A resounding third for the midibox.org sites. I have an SID and Fm synth in various states of assembly.

crazyalrry

Post by crazyalrry »

thanks guys. this is nexactly what i needed. look s a bit confusing, but hell. too bad there isnt a sort of kit like the x0x. i dont really want to make my own pcb, but hey, i do need a new project!

L-

Fallenstar

Post by Fallenstar »

If you don't want to make the pcb's I suggest this guy... http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/ He has most of the Midibox stuff in parts kits or bare pcb's. The hard things to find are the chips for the OPL3 synth and Commodore SID chips, but they can be found. I hope to finish my SID over xmas break.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”