Problems with some simple mods. help!

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
legionhwp

Problems with some simple mods. help!

Post by legionhwp »

Hello fellow X0Xers. I just got my X0XBox back from Factory peasant who did a great job assembling it. I had the entire kit from Ladyada so the parts were all top notch and it's passed all functional tests.

I am now in the process of doing some mods. I did the resonance boost and Bass boost and they are fine. However, for the life of me I can't seem to get the simple envelope x3 or the gate/env always on to work.

I already have the env off (R61 jumpered) permanently on my x0x. Could this be interfering with the env X3?

According to Subatmomic's guide (http://www.subatomicglue.com/x0xl0g/mod ... guide.html) all that's needed is to "Add a 100K resistor in parallel with R63." This should be simple enough but I'm not noticing *any* difference. I've tried different env and decay settings as well but still no change. Maybe I'm mixed up on what "parallel" means I assume with a simple SPST you keep the original resistor on R63 and run that tip to the center of the switch and the other tip to one side. Then you add a 100K resistor on the other side of the switch and you'll get the stock on one side ON and the additional 100k on the other side ON. Yes?

Is this a very subtle mod? Perhaps there is a setting someone could suggest where it should be very noticible so I can try that?

I'm experiencing the same issues with the gate and env always on. I think I have the right spot for the juncture of D36 and R134 (I'm soldering to the bottom leg of D36 yes?) but I don't think I have the 12v right. It's indicated near R136 but I'm not sure where to actually solder the joint. Any help on specifics appreciated.

Thanks!

D_

Re: Problems with some simple mods. help!

Post by guest »

you could try jumpering the 100k resistor in with aligator clips
to see if that works and makes the sound you are looking for
perhaps the switch is faulty

if youre uncertain as to where to solder something
you can follow the traces on the board to see where they connect
or use your multimeter to test for conductivity

d36 connects to r134 on the side of d36 with a stripe
and 12v connect to r136 on the side that faces the ba6110

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”