firmware update please help

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
elektriber

firmware update please help

Post by elektriber »

So basically i am following the instructions over http://ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/software/index.html .
its on bootload mode , plugged it in , but over the Hardware/Device manager in my computer an USB serial port doesn't show up , instead , it shows up under "other devices" and it's detected as "USB <-> Serial" . Am i doing something wrong?
Help is very appreciated.
Thanks .

phono

Re: firmware update please help

Post by phono »

elektriber wrote:So basically i am following the instructions over http://ladyada.net/make/x0xb0x/software/index.html .
its on bootload mode , plugged it in , but over the Hardware/Device manager in my computer an USB serial port doesn't show up , instead , it shows up under "other devices" and it's detected as "USB <-> Serial" . Am i doing something wrong?
Help is very appreciated.
Thanks .
its there in other devices because you didnt install the serial port driver

elektriber

Post by elektriber »

Can you tell me where the driver is located or where i can download it?
I also got another question for you Phono , hardware related .
This is a stock xoxbox and it has no power button to switch on and off . When i plug the power in , seems that the xoxbox takes a while to warm up and start giving up full sound , is this normal?

elektriber

Post by elektriber »

ok the firmware it's fixed , i figured it out :)
the hardware problem not sure if it's a problem , it's if i turn it off and then on , if i don't unplug the audio cable , the xoxbox takes a while to give sound , but if i unplug the audio cable out and in again it works.
another issue is that everytime i press the key 8 it becomes stuck and there's no way to fix this up :( , only way is to unplug the power and plug again and then im unable to press the key or else i'm screwed..
phono you're the technician , any idea of what this can be?
thanks.

alex_dubinsky

Post by alex_dubinsky »

Keys get stuck when they are not soldered in straight (a common problem that can be a bit hard to notice). Or did you mean it's an electrical problem? In that case, the pull-down resistor (the one connected to the key) is busted.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”