Accent trigger/gate out mod?

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wasubot

Accent trigger/gate out mod?

Post by wasubot »

Im going to be using x0xb0x purely as a sequencer to drive a modular with cv and trigger.

Is there a mod to run accent out as a seperate gate/trigger? Im not sure if internally this is a trigger signal but i would like to output this control to an external filter via a env module. Kind of like gate assignement switches on an ARP seqeuncer.

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

it's an inverted trigger. It's held high and triggers low (@ Q35 collector). It is a trigger as it's only a few ms long. You can easily reverse to trigger high with a transitor and a couple components and then have that trigger an external envelope.

wasubot

Post by wasubot »

BC box sorry i forgot to thank you for this reply. Im going to give this mod a go. Thanks so much.

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

that's OK because I lied ;)
I remembered that the output of IC13 in inverted, so what you get at the collector of Q35 is a perfect trigger signal...like this...

Last edited by bcbox on Sat May 26, 2007 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

suitandtieguy

Post by suitandtieguy »

bcbox wrote:that's OK because I lied ;)
I remembered that the output of IC13 in inverted, so what you get at the collector of Q35 [the output of the monostable] is a perfect trigger signal.
so does that mean tapping the collector of Q35 is all that's needed or would it need to be buffered as well?

thanks,

controlvoltage

Post by controlvoltage »

I have used this signal, to a 100K resistor to a jack, with no problems. I put diode clamps to ground on the output jacks to prevent reverse current.

Pish

Re: Accent trigger/gate out mod?

Post by Pish »

What are diode clamps?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”