USB Sync

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
KickTomSnare

USB Sync

Post by KickTomSnare »

Hi guys i apologize if this has already been put up here, i have ran a search and cant seem to find anything, im sure someone will correct me if it is here though.

My friend has recently modded his tb 303 so that it recieves master sync from usb. A usb port has been placed where the sync in was which is now gone. has anyone done this to a x0xb0x at all. Iknow its a bit of a silly thing as it does not improve sync but i think it is quite handy when out gigging doing ableton live set or whatever. i was just wandering if possible on a x0xb0x

cheers guys

textile

Re: USB Sync

Post by textile »

If the data is sent then yeah. But you would have to convert other hardware to sync.
So its only good for syncing with a laptop(master) , if this is all that it would be syncing to its a good idea ,saves having an external usb->midi and frees up midi ports.
Alternative plugs are cool :mrgreen:

KickTomSnare

Post by KickTomSnare »

in this instance it is all its being syncd to, i did say what if u wanna get the old 909 out , blow the dust off it and take yaself back to the 90s. the answer was " y the f**k would i do that"

so i guess i could be useful to some but seeing a usb to midi cable is about 2 quid these days i think its a more sensible option

rv0

Post by rv0 »

dinsync with audio ports is the best possible sync method

but you need a dc coupled soundcard or expensive hardware boxes for it to work :(

KickTomSnare

Post by KickTomSnare »

darffader wrote:dinsync with audio ports is the best possible sync method

but you need a dc coupled soundcard or expensive hardware boxes for it to work :(

do you mean for holding sync?

rv0

Post by rv0 »

no, its just that any sync method (usb, midi, ...) has its drawbacks.

using the audio port that spit out a clock signal it will be both sample accurate and with the same latency as the other audio tracks.

but sadly regular soundcards can't emit 5V needed for the dinsync RUN signal.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”