x0xb0x Firmware downgrade

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
hvyen

x0xb0x Firmware downgrade

Post by hvyen »

Hello!
I'm new here in this forum and I have a x0xb0x in a stylish alu case with blue LED's since a month built by xoxshop. By the way - great work Christian!
I heard that sokkos 1.9.x has a few problems with the LED's. In Edit Mode the LED's for Up and Down are flashing a little bit.
The original adafruits 1.05 OS should be more stabe, so I wanna try it out.
Now I have two questions about a firmware downgrade. I couldn't find anthing about it here in the forum, so I have to ask you:
My b0x has the newest sokkos 1.9.x on it, but I wanna try the original adafruits 1.05 OS and change it later back to sokkos 1.9.x again.

1. Can I change to OS 1.05 without any problems or have I to mind something?
2. It's difficult to get an USB connection to my computer, but after all I get a connection after trying 30 times. Is this normal?
I attended to the Serial > USB settings tips, but after several adjustments I couldn't get it more stable. Any ideas?

Many thanks for any answers.
Greets,
Marcel

Luap

Re: x0xb0x Firmware downgrade

Post by Luap »

Sokkos is so much better than the stock firmware! I would keep it if I were you.. (I have it on both my x0xb0xes)
I've not noticed the bug you mentioned?
The only bug Sokkos has that I am aware of, is the action of the R-S-A functions occasionally sticking when used on the fly. But it really doesn't happen too often at all.

But if you want to downgrade, you can do it in the normal ways that are documented here 'n there on the forums etc.
And yes, it's normal for the USB connection to be crappy, but persevere, it always works after a few tries for me.
It's been a while since I changed firmware on mine, but I seem to recall that uploading firmware would often work, even if it claimed there wasn't a connection. I think I kept hammering on 'upload' (or whatever it is called) until it worked.

hvyen

Post by hvyen »

Thanks for your reply!
Just in the moment I've downgraded to 1.05 and then upgraded to Sokkos 1.9.1. again.
I've checked the 1.05 version with the hope the LED's for "Up" and "Down" are more stable, but they are flickering a little bit. It's not very strong, but I don't know if it's normal.
Has anybody the same problem with the flickering LED'S for Up and Down in Edit Mode?

rv0

Post by rv0 »

cool, flickering leds for no reason is a real TB303 feature :lol:

human fly

Post by human fly »

hahah
yeah christian makes a nice x0xbox. mine's a beaut'!
(he put 1.05 on it though; still not tried sokkos)

i note (offtopic) that dinsync is not sent out in edit mode.
this is a bit of a shame as you end up progging blind.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”