x0xi0 Standard vs x0xi0 Revision B?

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dmschulman

x0xi0 Standard vs x0xi0 Revision B?

Post by dmschulman »

I'm very interested in building a x0xi0 to mod my current x0xb0x with but I noticed on the website that there is a Standard x0xi0 kit as well as a Revision B kit. I'm wondering what the big differences between the two are. I can't seem to find much info on this on Brian's website, but I'm guessing that the enclosure is the only major difference between the two.

Revision B has been sold out for a while now too, and in the interest of expediency, I would probably go for the Standard kit right now. Just wondering if I'll lose anything by not going with Revision B. Thanks!

bcbox

Re: x0xi0 Standard vs x0xi0 Revision B?

Post by bcbox »

Here's a breakdown of the various x0xi0 versions. Details can also be found at x0xi0.com

x0xi0 Standard Kit: Assumes you have a stock x0xb0x already, assembled or unassembled, for which the kit is installed into.
x0xi0 Complete Kit w/ Standard Enclosure: This version simply includes all the parts in case you don't have a x0xb0x. The entire synth is built from the parts included. It uses custom designed x0xb0x PCB's that make connection to the core of the x0xi0 kit much easier (pinhead connections instead of flying wires).
x0xi0 Complete Kit w/ Custom Enclosure: This version simply includes all the parts in case you don't have a x0xb0x. It also uses the custom designed x0xb0x PCB's, and also includes an aluminum enclosure instead of the plastic one.
x0xi0 Synth Rev B: This is not a kit version but a fully assembled version. It uses different PCB assemblies than the kit versions to make it easier to assemble.

you can see pics of the various version further down in this post:
http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24372

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”