x0xi0 Mod Rear Kit - Info inside incl. Run #2 Details

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
doug wellington

Post by doug wellington »

OK, guys, just for grins, I snarfed the parts list out of the x0xi0 install document and put it into html format. I always like to have paper copies of parts lists on my work bench so that I can check things off as I go. It also gives me a great place to scribble notes! :D You can get a copy at:

http://www.analognotes.com/x0xb0x/x0xi0/parts.html

It prints out on two pages for me using Firefox on my Macbook. You may have to tweak the number of "<br>" tags to get it to print properly...

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

thanks Doug, that's great. I will link to it elsewhere as well so everyone can see it. Eventually there will be a web version of the whole manual.

doug wellington

I know... ;)

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

thanks everyone for your feedback so far. As you have figured out by now I'm a perfectionist and I wanted to wait until everything was perfect before shipping Part 1 of the kit. Please post any feedback, pics or any other comments on the kit as you install it and use it. I have now shipped 25 kits and have reached the quota to pay off all the development and parts costs for 50 kits so I am very happy with the response so far. If you have ordered a kit and haven't heard back from me yet (there are 7 of you as of July 17) I will be shipping your kit on Monday and will reply with appropriate tracking or shipping info.

I hope all of you find the I/O & overdrive kit a great addition to your setup. I am an engineer but just as much a musician as well and wanted to deliver something that would be useful to your setup.

I have enormous respect for Limor & her team for developing the x0xb0x. It is a huge accomplishment to develope a true TB-303 clone in such a short time period as she did; and then to continue to deliver on more than 800 kits is unbelievable. Cult status :) My mods originally started as a major modification for the TB-303 back in 2006 until I diverted my attention to the x0xb0x. Packing so much power into such a small package has kept me motivated for over a year!

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled »

When will run #2 take place? Wasn't able to grab a kit from run 1, but i will from the next one!

vlady

Post by vlady »

I can't wait to get my kit, although I won't be putting into a x0xb0x until I build my next one which will be after this monster mb808 project...

doug wellington

Gee, what's a monster mb808 project?

(He asks innocently...) :lol:

Ghidorah

Post by Ghidorah »

Doug Wellington wrote:I'm impressed Brian! I like how you packaged everything up. Most other kits I've bought have had one big bag for all resistors and caps - it's so much easier for me the way you did it. 8)
Definitely seconded!

Kit arrived today, time to restart work on the self-sourced x0x I think...

doug wellington

OK, guys, I've started documenting my x0xi0 assembly process... :)

Brian updated the install docs to version 1.01, but being the picky guy I am ;) :lol: I went a step further and changed the page breaks and did some minor reformatting. I'm calling it version 1.02. You can find html and pdf versions on my web site at:

http://www.analognotes.com/x0xb0x/x0xi0/

The pdf is just printed directly from Word, so it's HUGE - 100 MB (I need to get some kind of pdf compression tool. Sorry...) but I think it prints better than any other version. On the other hand, the html version is the easiest to deal with online.

Hopefully I didn't mess Brian's documentation up - let me know if you find errors...

vlady

Post by vlady »

Doug Wellington wrote:Gee, what's a monster mb808 project?

(He asks innocently...) :lol:
:D In a good way Doug, in a good way... :twisted:

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

please note that I have found an error in the Install Manual Rev1.01.

Installation Step 14 show the wire connected to the wrong side of R60

The sympton would be a non-working slide in circuit.
I will update the install manual as soon as possible. I will also include a revision history so in the future everyone can see what has changed.

I will also be emailing everyone that has purchased a kit as of today.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Update] Revised Install Manual below
x0xi0 I/O & Overdrive Install Manual v1.06
Last edited by bcbox on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

Takes a few mins to reach, but appears to stay there
that's a problem. Should settle immediately, few mS at worst.
Just a bit of harmonics in the sawtooth that wasn't there before
that's not good. There's should be any change in VCO waveforms. Is it noise or does the basic VCO waveform sound different?
That back panel is a tight squeeze in that slot!
yeah it worked out pretty good. It's definitely a tight fit and won't rattle.

we'll get it sorted one step at a time ;)

doug wellington

I just uploaded my parts cross reference for the x0xi0 mod. You can get it at:

http://www.analognotes.com/x0xb0x/x0xi0

I find it easier to have things indexed by the silkscreen label rather than the part value. (I also included the resistor color bands to make it even easier.)

Let me know if I messed anything up...

marrrs

Post by marrrs »

Got my x0xi0 kit the other day, very neatly packed. About when will the full mod kit be avalibale? I'm just about to self source and build my first b0x and if the full kit is not too far away in the future maybe I should wait, so I don't have to realign all the LEDs and all that..

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

I haven't made progerss lately because of other priorities. I keep pushing it back but I hope to finish it in 3 months. However, depending on how everything is going with my work schedule it could get pushed back further, so I wouldn't want to have someone hold up the build of a x0xb0x longer than they have to. I do it in my free time. I would be happy if I finished it at the end of October, although it's certainly possible it could get pushed back more towards the end of the year.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”