Let's just go crazy..

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
moogah

Let's just go crazy..

Post by moogah »

Seems to me there is enough space left over in the case to fit another analog section in. I'm also pretty shure the uC can handle another track in the sequencer and the mixer section can be adapeted fairly easily to take another input with a knob to crossfade between the two. So. Whatofit? Has anyone else considered the possiblility of having two 303's in one box? The real challenge as I see it is the controlls as the front panel is already kinda crowded and there isn't much space to be running jumpers between the panel and board. Knobs mounted on the side is a possibility. Not very pretty, but it would work.

creekree

Post by creekree »

build two x0x and glue them together.... so you can flip them over during live performance :roll:

no seriously, i dont think putting another synth in there is necessary.
i guess the beauty of 303/x0xb0x is their simplicity. real and quick hands-on tweaking and editing (that... and acid) is what we all want a 303 for (and we do want a 303... else we wouldnt want a x0xb0x).
i had a quasimidi 309 once... (digital but nice). in the end i sold it because it had too many features, too many possibilities (and an AWFUL lot of navigating thru menues and sub-menues and sub-sub-menues).

i ended up having some "standalone" boxes... 606, 808, 777, sq16, dr202 that are good at doing one thing instead of being a jack-of-all-trades.

i agree that modding the box is a good thing, maybe adding some new circuitry like distortion or whatnot as well, but a second x0x in the same case? for me, thats a clear no-go.

as said before - build a second x0x and use an ordinary mixer to crossfade between them.

alas, all that is just my opinion. YMMV

fatjoebear

Post by fatjoebear »

As well as trying to get my x0x to work I'm about to start on my BANNED 3031 pcb that's been sitting on my bench next to the board from my moog rouge. Together all 3 will create my minimoog slayer. I'm seriously thinking of makeing a case and putting all 3 in, or I might just end up making a table top case for the 3031 and rogue. It would be a shame to waste the nice case and faceplate. A dual voice 303 sounds like a good idea to me, can't hurt to throw some moog in with it either.

moogah

Post by moogah »

Nah, it's all 303 for me. I seriously don't understand how someone could resist having two 303's in one, nice, compact box. A simple A/B switch to select which pattern your editing and it's acid heaven. In fact I'm pretty sure a BBD delay could still fit in there even with the extra analog section, it's really only 50% bigger than the IO board. Heaven, I say, Heaven.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”