finally got my xoxio assembled. Microcontroller is not working right now. Will bugfix it tonite. It was harder than expected, due to serveral things i was not 100% aware of. I will write down my building hints, I stucked into:
- The Tempo LED is a 3mm ( i installed a 5mm and did not recognized it.. arg)
- The Switches on the xoxio main board should be pushed deep into it. I had clearance problems, due to some missing millimeters, because i did not installed them thight enough
- installing of leds before final cabling seems to be the better way of doing, i done different
- The clearance between the main board and the xoxio main board is very important
- reading the install manual carefully and sort the parts before is a good way for easier installation, unfortunatly Brian was missing some parts in my kit
- double check the values while installing with the part list and the schematics could be helpfull
- dont forget to cut out all wholes in the lexan thing, the wholes for the nuts are necassary. doublechech the led size with the wholes.
- Dont solder (cabling step) with the lexan foil on the board, it can burn little wholes into it (not happend to me but i have tested it before)
- Take care that cables are long enough for debugging steps. if they are to short its very hard to mount / unmount the components. Brian gave enough cable within the kit.
- dont forget to install c38,c72,r162,r155,r138,r119,c62 even they were marked before as non install (in thread)
- take a cup of tea, there are frustrating moments
I hope i will get this thing 100% working soon. Nevertheless i had a lot of frustration moments while installing it, but i think Brian did a excellent work. Even there are missing parts, we could feel honoured, that Brian gives that great gear and his personal dedication to us, to get this installed.
PS: Brian - =) Good work