VCF FM?

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gzifcak

VCF FM?

Post by gzifcak »

has anyone done either of the VCF FM mods (VCO -> VCF or VCA -> VCF)? i'd like to do one, but probably not both. the nice thing about going from the VCO is you can select a different waveform for filter modulation than the one that actually gets filtered. however, the nice thing about going from the VCA is that the amplitude envelope and accent would affect the depth of modulation dramatically. i guess i'll just have to try both and see which one i want to keep.

so far i've done: env depth minimum and maximum extension, vcf range extension (used a 3.9k because i didn't have a 4.7k on hand), and bass boost (first i accidentally used 1uF caps instead of .1uF, and got loud DC thumps everytime a note started and ended, guess that's what that high pass filter is for). it all sounds great so far. the max env depth is great because it makes that weird note dropping filter thing more dramatic. increase the decay and whoa! there's a bunch more notes in the pattern!.

i'm planning to add one of the FMs above, as well as amp decay, and possibly some slide and accent controls. oh, and VCO out, VCF in, and VCO cv in (summed with internal cv, for modulation).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”