Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Trouble getting the ADIO to talk to my computer
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Trouble getting the ADIO to talk to my computer

by vanceg on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:30 pm

I just put together the ADIO kit v1.3. When I power it up, the power light lights up, and after a few seconds the MIDI light blinks green quickly. I have it hooked up correctly to my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra Pro audio/midi interface, which seems to be working fine when I use it in banned.

I've installed the MIDI Sense software, version 1.3a. I've configured it to be connected to the Fast Track MIDI In and Out. When I select Connect to MIDI, the MIDI light (while continuing to blink green just as it did before) also blinks red 6 times about 1/2 second on and 1/2 second off. Then, the app shows "Failed to find any MIDI Sense boards".

I have tried swapping the MIDI cable connected from the MIDI Sense output to the Fast Track input with the same results. In my MIDI monitor program I can see that the board is sending MIDI active sensing messages that are correctly received by the computer. I am running on a Windows Vista 64 computer, but I've also tried it on a Windows XP machine with an Edirol UA-25 interface. I've double checked the components and my solder joints, and I don't think I've made any mistakes. :( Any hints?

-Vance
vanceg