MIDIsense Theramin?

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TheGear

MIDIsense Theramin?

Post by TheGear »

Has anybody created a Theramin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theramin) with the MIDIsense? Presuming the sensors could be created, can anyone think of any MIDI issues that would stand in the way?

Thanks

osbock

Theremin on midisense

Post by osbock »

I don't have midisense (or much sense at all) yet, but I think it would be simple to do a photo theremin with some photoresistors. It may not be very playable though.

If you got something like the paia theremin, it has voltage outputs that you could read and translate into midi signals. They are intended to control analog synths, but shouldn't be hard to read here. How you would interpret the voltages would be up to you, particular ranges for particular notes, or what?

There are two antennae on that beast (for tone and volume) so you can control two variables at once.

frog_jr

What sensors to buy?

Post by frog_jr »

Hi, this is a BANNED project, thought I might try it. Question, I would like to try going the photosensor route, but I'd also really like more detailed infos about which sensors I may use. A part # or a few from Mouser or Digikey would be great. In fact, I'd recommend more detail regarding which sensors one can use on the MIDIsense webpage anyway, just to sell them better, but I'm sure that's on your long todo list.

Very excited about this project all together. Cheers!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

frog_jr

Post by frog_jr »

ladyada wrote:well its kinda already there :-?

http://www.ladyada.net/make/midisense/makesensor.html
Ah, now I see! Thanks much!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”