Bug!??? or build issue?

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

honestly limor I think you can slow the thing down a bit...it doesn't have to be so blazingly fast....midi is old and slow anyway...I'd much rather wait twice as long for the calibration/sensor updates than have faster software that crashed all the time...

If you're adding things: I'd like a variable that inverts the resistor signal or the midi output...so that when you have a pot turned all the way down (max resistance) the midi output is at it's max (127)....

not necessary but would be nice...also did you test to see if I was right about the PCB silkscreening being off on the 9v 5v and grd jumpers? I'm pretty sure it is, since I'm running the midisense off my x0x power supply, going into the "9v and 5v" jumpers.

-jason

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

evilxsystems wrote:honestly limor I think you can slow the thing down a bit...it doesn't have to be so blazingly fast....midi is old and slow anyway...I'd much rather wait twice as long for the calibration/sensor updates than have faster software that crashed all the time...
well, im not getting any crashes at all so i'm going to have to try to reproduce whats going on with your setup. The speed thing isn't really controllable, tho.
If you're adding things: I'd like a variable that inverts the resistor signal or the midi output...so that when you have a pot turned all the way down (max resistance) the midi output is at it's max (127)....
use the calibration dialog and drag the 'Min' slider to less than the 'max' one to invert signal.
not necessary but would be nice...also did you test to see if I was right about the PCB silkscreening being off on the 9v 5v and grd jumpers? I'm pretty sure it is, since I'm running the midisense off my x0x power supply, going into the "9v and 5v" jumpers.
looks like the latest PCB rev did swap 9V and ground. the 5V line is correct :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”