A Quick Question Before I Buy

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gwohl

A Quick Question Before I Buy

Post by gwohl »

Hey all,

I am really intrigued by this MIDISense kit thing. I have not done much DIY electronics stuff at all, but I have friends and relatives who have. I'm a pretty experienced programmer, however, and would like to make use of this kit in my avant-garde performance group's live performances. To do this, I'd like to purchase the kit which comes with the photocell sensor, plus an additional one or two bend resistors (like the ones that come in the Nintendo PowerGlove).

I'm sorry if this will be a repetitive/stupid question, but will I be able to use this kit with the provided photocell plus an additional 1-2 bend resistors? If so, which screw terminals would each of the 2-3 units go into? I noticed in the "how to use sensors" tutorial on the MIDISense page that the admin used a bend resistor in #6, but can another sensor be used on another part of the board while also allowing the proper room for a photocell as well?

Thanks so much for the help, and I'm really looking forward to working with this!

-G

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

you can definately use a photo cell and 2 bend sensors. there are 6 ports for 6 sensors. just make sure to purchase proper matching resistors (from your local radioshack, hobbyshop, etc)

gwohl

Post by gwohl »

Wow! Thanks for the speedy reply, sir!

So I can use the specs from your webpage to determine what resistors to purchase, and then put those into the respective socket that matches the port I will use?

That's simpler than I imagined. :D

Sounds great - I'm going to give that a go. Hopefully you won't hear another peep out of me until I want to do more adventurous things.

Thanks!!
-G

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yes, precisely

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”