Resist. MIDIsense - calibration OK, everything else not OK

Posts about MIDIsense. open source MIDI sensor platform

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
loydmilligan

Resist. MIDIsense - calibration OK, everything else not OK

Post by loydmilligan »

Hello,

I recently received and built the resistive MIDIsense board. As far as I can tell it is working (power led comes on and the other Led blinks intermittently). I installed and fired up the midesense software and connected the MIDIsense to my macbook pro through a Korg padKontrol. I attached the included photosensor and resistor. I seem to be having the same problem as this poster:

http://www.ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic ... 7da8859e24

The slider in the midisense program does not move when the sensor is exposed to light, however, if I click the calibrate button the slider in the calibrate window does move as the sensor is exposed to light. So...it seems that the MIDIsense board is working properly, however the software is not. If anyone has any tips to make the slider in the main window work as the slider in the calibrate window does, please let me know.

The poster in the above example seemed to solve his problem by using a different musical comp program (logic 8.0). I don't see how this can make the midisense software work, but I suppose it is possible.

I appreciate any help,
-Matt

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

can you post a screenshot of the calibration dialog while its working?

loydmilligan

calibration screen cap

Post by loydmilligan »

Check this link to see what I was describing before. It is a little warped, but I couldn't figure out how to make it full sized. If there is a place to post a .mov file online, let me know.

http://homepage.mac.com/mmariani1/iMovieTheater1.html

Also, one other thing that i realized, I am unable to update the firmware, no matter what I do, the Upload firmware option is grayed out in the menu bar.

Thanks for the help,
-Matt

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

the main window sliders don't work for me either, but I haven't ever needed them...

loydmilligan

Post by loydmilligan »

Hmmm, I tried using the MIDIsense in garageband...no luck. What program were you able to use the board with?

evilxsystems

Post by evilxsystems »

ableton live

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

hmm that would imply that while sysex messages are getting thru, midi messages are not. can you check with midiox/midi monitor that midi messages are being received by the OS?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MIDIsense”