Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

wich midisense board?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

wich midisense board?

by lenskysound on Tue May 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi,
I would like to build a midisense kit in to my drumpad. Wich kit do I need?
the resetive or analog/digital in/out kit.
Can I use piezo sensors? I would like to use the midisense to trigger a note
on command and to contol a variable velocity sensetivity every time I hit my
drumpad. wich sensor do you recomend for this job
At this moment I work with a IcubeX Microdig from infusionsystems. I have
conected one touch sensor ( I think it's a digital sensor because it has 3
wires) to the microdig. It works great but is rather expensive.
Thanks

Branko
lenskysound

by blowfly on Thu May 29, 2008 1:06 am

I think you want the resistive board so you can use a force sensor under the drum pad: http://ladyada.net/make/midisense/forcesensors.html

My question is, can resistive sensors like the Flexiforce from Parallax also be used with the analog/digital board? It seems like you could connect V+ and V0 to one side of the resistive sensor and V- to the other side? It's been a long time since I messed with eletricity so pardon me if I have this all wrong. :D

Thanks,
Mike
blowfly

by adafruit on Thu May 29, 2008 2:09 am

for a flexiforce + adio mix youd need a pullup resistor, yes. and it would be logarithmic, not linear. not a big deal tho.

adafruit

by lenskysound on Fri May 30, 2008 4:23 pm

blowfly wrote:I think you want the resistive board so you can use a force sensor under the drum pad: http://ladyada.net/make/midisense/forcesensors.html

My question is, can resistive sensors like the Flexiforce from Parallax also be used with the analog/digital board? It seems like you could connect V+ and V0 to one side of the resistive sensor and V- to the other side? It's been a long time since I messed with eletricity so pardon me if I have this all wrong. :D

Thanks,
Mike

Can I use piezo sensors with the the resetive board?

Thanks
lenskysound

by blowfly on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:57 pm

Lenskysound, is there a particular piezo sensor you are interested in using? Having the specs or datasheet would help determine if that sensor is compatible.

Lady Ada, when you say a pullup resistor is needed for flexiforce +adio mix, would this be accomplished by putting a 2M ohm resistor in series with the sensor? Or should the pull up resistor be installed on the board in R11-15?

Thanks for your help! We're having a lot of fun.
Mike
blowfly