MintyBoost - bigger and lasts longer?

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Leum

MintyBoost - bigger and lasts longer?

Post by Leum »

Hi all,

I live in the UK and our education system sucks (regarding electronics anyway) - so thanks for this kit and the very detailed instructions!

Here's my question; I am playing Ingress constantly... it's getting to be a problem! My phone is the HTC One X (International Tegra 3 version) and my battery will die in a couple of hours playing this game.

Could the MintyBoost be made bigger with the addition of more batteries and if so, how would it be done?

Altoids only sell mints in the UK so the tin is at least twice the size of the one in this tutorial but I'm thinking bigger still! I want something that could outperform the cheap 20000mAH Battery Banks that are becoming available online. Cost isn't so much the issue but I want the quality and efficiency to be much better than the units off eBay. I love my phone and I'd hate to kill it with a cheap bit of kit.

Or should I just buy half a dozen of the MintyBoost kits and switch them out as the batteries die?

Sincere thanks, Leum.

PS; can anyone confirm compatibility with the One X whilst we're on the subject?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: MintyBoost - bigger and lasts longer?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The MintyBoost will run off anything between about 2 to 5v. Peak efficiency is typically achieved with a source in the 4v range. LiPo cells are pretty close to ideal (3.7-4.2v) and are available in fairly high capacities. The largest cell we carry in our store is 6600mAh: http://adafruit.com/products/353
But the Minty will happily run from any pack that puts out a similar voltage.

wrecks135

Re: MintyBoost - bigger and lasts longer?

Post by wrecks135 »

Funny post, Ingress is also what drove me to purchase and solder up a MintyBoost.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”