After mintyboost?

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kevinrs

After mintyboost?

Post by kevinrs »

As most newer devices seem to try to get more than 500 mAh, causeing a wide fluctuation in current output by the mintyboost, and many use power at a higher rate than that, meaning they continue to discharge on anything less than 1 amp, maybe an upgraded replacement for the mintyboost would be a good product?

I'm thinking something with a boost/buck chip, that can take inputs from 3 volts up to 6 or more(that would cover possible outputs from the solar charger), and output 1 amp, or more?
From what I see about the chips, it looks like it should be doable.
I tried looking into making something like that myself, but nearly everything is surface mount, and choosing a chip and designing a board for it are beyond my current skills.

Just trying to find chips that fit those input and output numbers, the filters on mouser etc don't help much, you think you have it, then end up with a boost only chip somehow, Even when I've found a chip that looks like it would work, I find I don't have the knowledge, and specifics aren't in the datasheets, on what other component values would be needed, and then I'd have to design a smt board, get it made, and figure out how to do the smt soldering.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: After mintyboost?

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thank you for the suggestion. I will forward it to the design team :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”