Is this a problem with the phone (iPhone 4) or the Mintyboos

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vincern

Is this a problem with the phone (iPhone 4) or the Mintyboos

Post by vincern »

Got a mintyboost for a teaching project for my daughter. She built it fine, and it works with everything but the iPhone 4, which is a problem since that's her phone. It works fine with iPhone 5, with non Apple phones and devices (even an old PocketPC phone), just not the iPhone 4. It even powers an Arduino fine. Tried it with two different cables and with different brands of fresh alkaline batteries, in all cases the out output was 5 volts or a tiny bit higher.

Shorting D+ and D- doesn't seem to make a difference. It doesn't work on the iPhone 4 either way and it does work on everything else either way.

The only think out of the ordinary I can find is that D+ and D- both read about 1 volt rather than about 2 volts as expected.

If she can't use it for her phone she'll find something else to use it for, plenty of things are USB powered, but it would be nice to get it working for that phone.

Any thoughts?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Is this a problem with the phone (iPhone 4) or the Minty

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

vincern wrote:The only think out of the ordinary I can find is that D+ and D- both read about 1 volt rather than about 2 volts as expected.
That could be the problem.

Can you post clear, detailed pictures of both sides of the minty boost, so we can check for any assembly problems that would result in the lower voltage?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”