Does it work for the Cing 8125?

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rayjai

Does it work for the Cing 8125?

Post by rayjai »

Hi, I currently own an energizer version of this thing, but the problem with the energizer one is, when I plug it in to charge, the phone thinks it's connected to the computer and I can not use my internet proxy settings.

Does the mintyboost also confuse the phone?

Thanks!

Entropy

Post by Entropy »

HTC devices (such as the Cing 8125) need a different cable when connected to a "dumb charger" than when connected to a PC.

The "dumb charger" style cable grounds one pin on the mini-USB connector that is normally N/C in standard cables.

rayjai

Post by rayjai »

So how do it fix this on a minty?
can it be fixed?

Thanks!

Entropy

Post by Entropy »

Get a charging cable for the 8125 that is designed for use with "dumb" USB chargers.

If you order a BoxWave MiniSync cable for the 8125, you'll actually get two cables - one is labeled "Sync and charge from PC", the other is "Charge without PC". You want to use the "Charge without PC" cable with the MintyBoost.

This cannot be fixed by modifying the MintyBoost, as the "dumb charger" signal pin on Mini-USB connectors is not present in standard USB-A connectors. (USB-A connectors have 4 pins, Mini-USB connectors have 5, one of which is usually N/C but needs to be grounded to indicate that a "dumb charger" is present.)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”