Installing a switch to configure Pull up/Pull down

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
s74rchild

Installing a switch to configure Pull up/Pull down

Post by s74rchild »

I was sitting in class tonight, thinking about my girlfriend's mintyboost- because truss structures are boring. I made her one as a gift a couple of weeks ago, she owns a 2G nano. It didn't work, then it worked, then she invented a special method for getting it to charge (which involved inserting the usb end of the ipod cable only partially), now it doesn't work again. If I had to bet on what the problem might be, I'd naturally chalk it off to the famous resistor issue. The resistor was configured as Pull up originally, but I read a post here about a firmware update and decided to cut it off completely. I may have been wrong in doing this, and tell me if I am.

It got me thinking that instead of finding out what device uses what resistor setup, and being limited to only those devices, maybe adding a switch would be wise. I thought that it might be possible to solder a 15K resistor in each of the outer holes and a wire in the middle. Then the 2 resistors and the wire could be soldered to a switch. This would allow the user to select a configuration based on which resistor configuration "pathway" was completed. I am fairly new to circuitry and electrical subjects, but thought this might work. Let me know what you think.

Tom

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i believe the 2g nanos need the 100k pullup resistors, but im not 100% sure

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”