Parts Procurement

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
digitaladdictions

Parts Procurement

Post by digitaladdictions »

I placed an order with barebonespcb.com for the PCB and I ordered MOST of the parts for my wave bubble. I am having problems with two remaining parts and hoped others could help. (Wow what a cost difference a soldermask and silkscreen can make between 4pcb.com and barebonespcb).

The following parts are no longer carried by digikey or require obscene min orders.

CAP CER 1.0UF 50V X5S 0603
IC AVR MCU 8K 20MHZ 5V 32TQFP
IC FREQ SYNTH DUAL 20TSSOP
TRANSISTOR PNP 35V 3A HP SOT223

I replaced the cap with a 25V as recommended elsewhere in this forum and I found the microcontroller on mouser no problem. The last two parts are invading me. If anyone has a source for these could you lead me in the right direction.

Thanks Much!

dnewman

Re: Parts Procurement

Post by dnewman »

digitaladdictions wrote: CAP CER 1.0UF 50V X5S 0603
Are these C46 and C49 which the original parts list and schematics show as 0.1 uF 50V?
IC AVR MCU 8K 20MHZ 5V 32TQFP
New part number at Digikey: ATMEGA88PA-AU-ND . When you lookup the old part number, Digikey kindly suggests this to you in the "possible substitute" box (in blue).
IC FREQ SYNTH DUAL 20TSSOP
Newark / Farnell has a few of these in stock: part number 41K3322
TRANSISTOR PNP 35V 3A HP SOT223
Mouser part number 511-STN749. Digikey has discontinued carrying that specific part. Mouser is in the process of doing so. May be that the manufacturer has changed the part or part number?

Cheers,
Dan

digitaladdictions

Re: Parts Procurement

Post by digitaladdictions »

Are these C46 and C49 which the original parts list and schematics show as 0.1 uF 50V?
Yes they are C46 and C49. I was going off the parts list in the wiki. I have not really looked at the schematics yet in any detail.

As for the freq synth and transistor THANKS I will order them tonight. I was not sure where to look other than digikey and mouser and for some reason mouser returned zero results when I used their search tool and entered the values on that transistor ... but now I can find it... I swear they had no SOT-233 and they are trying to make me look stupid now :roll:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”