Wave Bubble 2010

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chankster

Re: Wave Bubble 2010

Post by chankster »

You, being a general term. :)

TheFallen

Post by TheFallen »

All you need is a PC with a USB port. I don't think they're gonna disappear in the theoretical wavebubble lifetime.
As for reprogramming the micro, again, USB port.

As for a wavebubble with a screen (LCD/OLED) and a control panel sure go ahead, but what's the point? People keep suggesting it, but no one EVER actually does something.

erich81

Post by erich81 »

TheFallen wrote:All you need is a PC with a USB port. I don't think they're gonna disappear in the theoretical wavebubble lifetime.
As for reprogramming the micro, again, USB port.

As for a wavebubble with a screen (LCD/OLED) and a control panel sure go ahead, but what's the point? People keep suggesting it, but no one EVER actually does something.
Adding an LCD is the easy part, modifying the programming to use it is the hard part.

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

Adding a cell phone LCD is easy. A spare one from Nokia 3310 or 6150 etc. is sufficient. All required connections are available on the ISP connector, so at least from hardware side it's plug-and-play. Software drivers exist, just ask Google.

The question is how you will manage user inputs? With only two buttons one will hardly manage any programming. So the LCD possibly will show only the selected program. For a setup a PC with serial terminal will be required any way.

cornz

Post by cornz »

It would be nice to be able to reprogram the device "on-the-fly" so to speak without needing a PC at all....

erich81

Post by erich81 »

cornz wrote:It would be nice to be able to reprogram the device "on-the-fly" so to speak without needing a PC at all....
So what would you propose? Having a user-selectable list? The only feasible way I see to do this would be to have a range of values stored, then just be able to select from a list and "commit" the value, so that becomes the new range of values. Any other way that I could think of would require a keypad or extra buttons.

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

I don't see any reason for a keypad or even a LCD. Of course it would be nice to have but dealing with it during operation will draw attention.
From my point of view the Wave Bubble is intended for a very special purpose and operational case. So if I'm going to use it I will prepare for the mission. That means I only need a limited number of programs to run and they can be programmed in advance on a PC.

In case one will be cached with a Wave Bubble two buttons,two LEDs and an antenna will hardly explain the purpose of the device. But a nice LCD which tells a few details requires some good explanation.

erich81

Post by erich81 »

Mictronics wrote:I don't see any reason for a keypad or even a LCD. Of course it would be nice to have but dealing with it during operation will draw attention.
From my point of view the Wave Bubble is intended for a very special purpose and operational case. So if I'm going to use it I will prepare for the mission. That means I only need a limited number of programs to run and they can be programmed in advance on a PC.

In case one will be cached with a Wave Bubble two buttons,two LEDs and an antenna will hardly explain the purpose of the device. But a nice LCD which tells a few details requires some good explanation.
Agreed. Seeing as how the functions performed are less-than-legal in some countries, while you might be able to explain it as your "garage door opener" or some kind of remote, if you have an LCD screen on it saying "950-1900Mhz JAMMED" lol it might be a little harder to write off to the authorities.

Slowrider

Post by Slowrider »

Ah, could always combine it with TV-B-Gone in the same box. I do not think it is illegal to turn some ones TV off, yet, and easy to demonstrate it working ;-)

Slowrider

Post by Slowrider »

By the way, I looked at getting the boards bult my self from another company Speedypcb;

1. Lead time 10 business days
=====================
wave_bubble_power: 1 pcs: 75.00 USD
WaveBubbleSigna: 1 pcs: 75.00 USD

2. Lead time 5/6 business days
=====================
wave_bubble_power: 1 pcs: 106.00 USD
WaveBubbleSigna: 1 pcs: 106.00 USD

Shipping 32 USD to UK

- No other hidden charges
- Shipping: UPS Express
- E-testing: included
- Tooling: included
- Design review: included
- Solder mask: included
- Silkscreen: included
- Surface finishing: included
Layer: double side
Material: FR4
Copper weight: 1.0 oz
Thickness: 0.062"
Soldermask: green
Silkscreen: white
Minimum drill size: 12 mil
Min trace/space: 7/7 mil
Pad finishing: HASL
No. of designs: 1 per panel
Blind/buried via: none
Impedance control: none
Special requests: none

------------------------------------------------

So just not practical to order a one off board.

cornz

Post by cornz »

A quick nosey:
http://www.quick-teck.co.uk/euro/order_from_europe.php

Assuming they can do them, thats £10 a board...
And a minimal outlay.....

Slowrider

Post by Slowrider »

But need 10 people.

Are there 10 people interested?

wing23

Post by wing23 »

well, if a keypad is too much, why not use a rotational torqe encoder?

but well, I wouldn't mind a lcd either, maybe after the new wave bubble is up and running :)

would anyone mind giving me the mini-circuits europe website again?
I always end on the standard/main mini-circuits website :|

cornz

Post by cornz »

cornz

Post by cornz »

Slowrider wrote:But need 10 people.

Are there 10 people interested?

Yes, i am.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”