WB2010 High Gain Printed Antenna Design to extend the range.

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Khanzerbero

WB2010 High Gain Printed Antenna Design to extend the range.

Post by Khanzerbero »

Hi, im about to make my own WB and i just figured that the range can be increased by designing better antennas for the WB. I mean the whip antennas used in the pictures ada took seem to be in need of a quality ground plane to be able to match properly, maybe causing even half or more of the power to be reflected back(and wasted) reducing jamming range.

I believe well matched antennas can be designed in order to use all the power available and also to have a higher gain(the top pcb of the WB seems to be unused) than the monopoles currently in use.

What i need are some ideas about what features would be usefull in this application, i mean, in what directions relative to the package should the antena point towards, broadside? forward? should the antenna have a high apperture(high illuminated angle, less gain), or sould it have a narrow apperture and more gain?, or some compromise like 60º? and why?.

well thats what i need, its a very difficult problem but i think it can be done and would be cool to do it, also anyone experienced in antenna design and HFSS can help.

tell me what other stuff you beleive its important to consider or anything you think its relevant in any case.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pd: this is my first post,im glad to be able to participate in this project i discovered the stuff quite a long time ago but until now i got the money and equipment to make one, if you read hackaday for a while you may remember me from this antenna that was posted in hackaday: http://hackaday.com/2007/01/02/dc-entri ... s-antenna/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”