HELP! Incorrect Voltage

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ItalianPride

HELP! Incorrect Voltage

Post by ItalianPride »

My friend and I are building a slight modification of the wave bubble. We are using VCOs that use lower voltage, skipping to the VCOs right after the 5v gain stage. We are getting the 5v but both of us are not getting the 3.3v! We are both using the exact same parts (all of which are the recommended parts in the instructions). When testing for the 3.3v on mine I noticed that there is the smell of burning parts. And my friend and I think it is C1 and C5 (6v and 4v capacitors). I ordered some more duplicates of these parts and tested another set and found the exact same thing. What is going on! We don't want to continue without fixing this issue but we have no idea of what to do!! PLEASE HELP!

I have enclosed screen shots if you want to take a look at the parts or anything
Attachments
Picture 120a.jpg
Picture 120a.jpg (959.65 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Picture 114a.jpg
Picture 114a.jpg (973.33 KiB) Viewed 1780 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”