Missing a few minor parts. Spares anyone??

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cornz

Missing a few minor parts. Spares anyone??

Post by cornz »

Located all but a few minor components.
Wondered if someone had a few spares:

CAP CER 10000PF 50V Y5V 0603

Digikey part 490-1563-1-ND

And:

CAP TANT 22UF 35V 10% LOESR SMD
Digikey part 495-1582-1-ND

I can find numerous 22uF tantalum caps but not LOESR and not in the right package.

Anyone got any spares? Checked all my local suppliers to no avail....
Needless to say i'll pay postage etc and something for your trouble..
Thanks

Mictronics

Re: Missing a few minor parts. Spares anyone??

Post by Mictronics »

Hmm, Digikey seems to take parts out of stock within a glance.

Go for these parts 478-1254-1-ND and 495-1583-1-ND.

Hint for the future:
If you find a Digikey part# out of stock, copy the Digikey description an perform a new search with that, most of the time results will show you similar components.

Btw: Seems you are going through my parts list from the Wiki. If you find other parts out of stock keep posting, I will look for spares and update the Wiki later on.

cornz

Post by cornz »

You are correct, i am going through your list and, with the exception of 3 parts, i've just about collected them all...
The battery charger IC (LM3622) is no longer stocked and appears to be discontinued although i did locate one from "littlediode" on flea-bay.
Just waiting on my PCB now from "Buzz"...

Thanks for the assist....

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

About the LM3622 I know, this why I use the LTC1730-4.2.

cornz

Post by cornz »

Im looking forward to building this, but im also loking forward to building your "revised" edition. Now, how about a really meaty RF section, something that produces a large amount of power!!!!!!!

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

I would change nothing in the existing RF section. For more output power an additional amplifier board is a possible solution.

But keep in mind, more output power means also more battery capacity to keep operating time. Increasing size and weight. Also from a certain level upward you need to deal with heat dissipation.

cornz

Post by cornz »

Can i ask (i might be about to appear a large dick) in your BOM, there is no mention of the VCO's.
I assume that they arent on the BOM?? Or, am i being a dick??

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

The VCO's are included in the Wiki BOM (bottom of list) but not in the one I added to Digikey's BOM manager since they are not available at Digikey. You must order the VCO's directly from mini-circuits.com or one of there distributors.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”