Wave Bubble 2010 Board Orders

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
aqisnotliquid

Re: Wave Bubble 2010 Board Orders

Post by aqisnotliquid »

No, it's not too late. I have plenty of sets ordered. I just got them in today, so as soon as I find my camera, I'll post pictures.

EDIT: Here are the pictures. Sorry they aren't very good quality. I couldn't find my camera, so I just used my phone to take these.

http://imgur.com/a/yvb4P#C4h7w

dcept905

Post by dcept905 »

Awesome!! Can't wait to start building :D

Cheers!

b1nary

Post by b1nary »

Looks great, i can't wait to get my hands on them and to start work

chankster

Post by chankster »

Got my boards today. Thanks aqisnotliquid! It'll be awhile before I start building since I need to finish some other projects first.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chankster/5769751021/

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

I'm going out of town for three weeks, starting tomorrow, so forgive me if I don't reply to your pm/post/email right away. It's to see some family, so I won't have all the time in the world to be driving down to the post office. If you've already contacted me about an order, I'll do my best to ship those out while I'm gone, but otherwise, if you don't have an urgent need, please wait until June 23rd to place an order. That way I can make sure that I can ship them out to you as soon as I get your payment.

Thanks a lot!

dcept905

Post by dcept905 »

Received my boards today. Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!!!

Cheers!

Slowrider

Post by Slowrider »

Recived my boards today - shipped to the UK.

Many thanks.

rph6

Post by rph6 »

I sent you an email, just so you know. You're on vacation, so it's no big, but I would be interested in getting a set very soon.

spacedoggy

Post by spacedoggy »

I got my boards in the post last week, they look good, many thanks for arranging this.

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

Thanks for all the replies. If you haven't noticed, I'm a little weak in sending the "Hey, I mailed out your boards" email, but you guys don't need to worry too much as long as I'm at home. I live right down the road from the post office, so I usually mail them out a day or two after I get the payment.

Also, I got an email from one of the people who ordered from me pointing out a few things that I didn't notice. First off -
The footprint is for a JST connector (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8612) which is a standard connector for lithium battery cells (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/341) and is wired up with the right polarity. I added the connector to my parts list, but I suppose it would be worth bringing up in the forum and adding to the wiki. I'll take a photo when I get the battery board put together.
This footprint is the three small pads on the battery board below the two pads for the battery itself.

Another note from the same guy -
I assembled the battery board, and it works fine, although there are some changes that should be made to it. I also assembled the microcontroller section with the 3.3v regulator and that works. Unfortunately, in the 5v boost regulator section, there's a trace that runs right through one of the pads for D1, effectively shorting it. If you look closely you can actually see it. I cut the connection manually, and now it works, but that should really be fixed.
I didn't notice this, but if any of you find that you have this same problem, I thought I'd save you the trouble of trying to figure it out manually and just post the Problem:Solution right here.

If you have any more questions or concerns or orders, please email me. I do check my messages on here occasionally, but I check my email much more frequently.

aqisnotliquid

Post by aqisnotliquid »

I'm not sure how I overlooked this before, but apparently there was an issue with the board printing where the gerbers were interpreted to have the traces running through a few components and shorting them.
I started putting the main board together, 3.3V supply checked out fine, went to build the other supplies but accidentally ripped a leg off the 5v ic so i need to replace that. I wanted to warn everyone though that BatchPCB does not appear to be capable of making these boards. I got to putting the 12 and 24v chips on, and went to test. Pins 1/2/8 on the 12v regulator show as shorted on my multimeter. I did some checking, and so far the bottom pin of D3 (the diode next to the IC) was shorted to one of the traces (even though there was plenty of space in the board layouts. I fixed it by cutting the side of the diode pad, however the traces still short out (1/3/8 should be shorted, however 1/2/3/8 should NOT be touching) I have spent roughly the last 4 hours trying to troubleshoot why this is occurring, and believe there may be more over-pours or messed up traces on the board. It would appear that even though the limits fall within their posted limits, that the fab house cannot accurately print these.
According to the gerbers, there appear to be shorts on D1, D2, and D3. Hopefully this clears up any issues with shorts on the battery board.

Mictronics

Post by Mictronics »

Attached the Gerber files for both board. Directly exported from Target3001.
Gerber_WB2010_Main.zip
Gerber main board
(200.22 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Gerber_WB2010_Main.zip
Gerber main board
(200.22 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
See .Info file for informations.
Gerber spec:
- smallest aperture 0.050mm
- max error: 0.010mm
- vias covered
- drill data Excellon, coordinates metric, header M48 metric/inch
- polycons G36/G37 only triangles

Do I miss something or is it impossible know to upload files to the wiki? Can't see the upload form in the Media dialog.
Attachments
Gerber_WB2010_USB-Batt.zip
Gerber USB/Batt board
(17.05 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

spacedoggy

Post by spacedoggy »

aqisnotliquid wrote: According to the gerbers, there appear to be shorts on D1, D2, and D3. Hopefully this clears up any issues with shorts on the battery board.
yo, can you throw me a bone here? where exactly do i need to cut the traces to prevent these shorts

This is going to be my 2nd attempt at this project and I want to be sure the board is correct before I start melting expensive components again.

thanks for the gerbs, but my gerb view is expired, is there any other software for viewing the files clearly?

thanks.

spacedoggy

Post by spacedoggy »

never mind, Trimmed the bottom right corner off the bottom pad of D1 rest look ok on my boards

spacedoggy

Post by spacedoggy »

are the 2 sides of the inductor L3 supposed to be shorted?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”