A few questions re:programming the device

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
langley

A few questions re:programming the device

Post by langley »

Some questions -- I hope not too many -- before I endeavor to make a Wave Bubble:

How does the makefile associated with the wave bubble firmware play into all of this (from the file wavebubble firmware v1.0.zip located at http://www.ladyada.net/make/wavebubble/download.html )?

Where can I get the test_uart() code mentioned at http://www.ladyada.net/make/wavebubble/config.html ?

Many thanks!

[Edited on Dec 27th to clean up my post]
Last edited by langley on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kioan

Re: A few questions re:programming the device

Post by kioan »

langley wrote:Where can I get the test_uart() code mentioned at...
The required source code is in the firmware archive. The test_XXX() functions are in the test.c file.

hahahehihoha

firmware basics

Post by hahahehihoha »

My AVR ISProgrammer arrived and all was solved for the moment.
Last edited by hahahehihoha on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

krader

programming the board

Post by krader »

Hello, congratulations for the proyect.
I have a dude. I not how programming the board. I compiling the .c and .h files with the AVR Studio 4 and program the micro, yes?. And then connect the board to the PC, open SecureCRT, and???. I write in the SecureCRT "test_uart()"????. Please, explain me........

PD.: I'm sorry, i'm spanish and my english is very poor.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”