call me paranoid, but is it bad to have the pcbs labeled?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
thephilbot

call me paranoid, but is it bad to have the pcbs labeled?

Post by thephilbot »

i am getting ready to send off gerber files for pcb production, and was wondering about the paper trail being left...i mean the wave bubble is illegal, and the gerber files have "wave bubble" on it, and if for strange reasons the board house wanted to send this information over to the powers that be, or if the powers that be wanted to know what the board house was making, they'd have my name and billing information.

i suppose i could just take the .brd files and make new gerbers and remove the marking, but that's extra time and if it's not needed, i'll just not worry. any thoughts?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

i would prefer you keep the labels on as it is how i suggest people follow my 'attribution' part of the license

thephilbot

Post by thephilbot »

ladyada wrote:i would prefer you keep the labels on as it is how i suggest people follow my 'attribution' part of the license
exactly. this is the major reason why i wanted to ask, but forgot to mention it in my first post. i want to leave credit where credit is due of course.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”