RC1a Fully funtional?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
seanman3000

RC1a Fully funtional?

Post by seanman3000 »

Hello...

I havent tried the RC1a as of yet, but does it require the same 'tweaks' or 'changes' that the RC1 did?

i.e. "Note that there are 3 minor errors in RC1: RX/TX swapped, missing 0.1uF capacitors for PLL output and the DC jack tip and ring-switch is swapped."

Or is it good to go right out of the Gate?

Thanks LadyAda!
:)

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

rc1a should be all good.

however, proper debugging and building skills will always aid you, as this project is supported

seanman3000

Post by seanman3000 »

Awesome! Thanks!
So, no changes need to be made to the PCB before sending it off?

No tweaks, such as the ones mentioned in:
http://www.ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3010

What sort of Debugging would this require?

hahahehihoha

debugs

Post by hahahehihoha »

Even tho I took my sweet time with the surface mount soldering (ie several hours just for the power supply section) checking each component one by one and the traces and vias for continuity, with an engineer friend looking at schematics and datasheets, things still would not work.

That's the type of debugging we're talking about.

seanman3000

Post by seanman3000 »

Sounds laborious.... What sort of things can go wrong? Did you figure out why yours isnt working yet?

I guess I figured on some checking of my own work, but just was wondering if the Plan itself needed any tweaking, like the original one... Since some things were 'disabled' or 'crippled'

THanks so much!
:)

hahahehihoha

design is perfect

Post by hahahehihoha »

The WB design is electrically perfect to a great extent because it has to be for anything to function. The human condition is not. A tilt of the board can cause a tiny unseen hairball of solder paste left under an 0603 capacitor to bridge and short circuit a chip which in turn will apply a wrong voltage to the microcontroller, for example, shortly thereafter making it unusable. Tracing that can be the task of re-doing that section of the board. Desoldering can become brain surgery if you have no soldermasks and are using anything but a pro set of desoldering tools.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”