Removing the AAA board?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
evilroot

Removing the AAA board?

Post by evilroot »

I'm trying to edit the board file for RC1a to remove the AAA board (since I plan to use the LiPoly instead, and it will save on PCB production cost). Eagle however doesn't seem to want to cooperate, telling me that doing so is beyond the limitations of the free version.

Perhaps somebody with more experience at Eagle could point me in the right direction?

none_such

size matters

Post by none_such »

A quote for producing a PCB with and without the AAA part would be good to compare but I think the savings might be negligible if only a few board are produced. That is, I don't think it would be exactly 1/4 less in price. if the average price is 25 USD per board then if you got only one board (hard to find that deal but not impossible) your talking 6 and a quarter off. Is it worth the time spent learning the finer points of Eagle, an application you might never use again? You might just want to send the Gerber files off as is; chances are that the AAA battery part might find a use at another time whereas the hope of finding someone to do the necessary work for you has less chance of occurring.
Cheers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”