VCO Tuning Error

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
duggerd

VCO Tuning Error

Post by duggerd »

When I try to tune the VCOs (VCO1: 1900-2000, VCO2: 800-900) I get an error that "RF VCO range is too high!". This was suggested in the configuration section, and I do not know why it is throwing that error. Has anyone else had this and know what it is?

soram

Re: VCO Tuning Error

Post by soram »

Try it the other way around!

ie (VCO1: 800-900, VCO2: 1900-2000)

duggerd

Post by duggerd »

I still get that error.

Also, I am using 5v VCOs. VCO1 is the ROS-1300 and VCO2 is ROS-2700-1819.

soram

Post by soram »

Hmmmm

Doesn't really depend on the actual VCO I think. It is just a software check. Mine is the old RC1a (?) and works fine for those values. Even up to 2300 for the 3 G UMTS frequencies.

However, I seem to remember if you make a mistake and try to delete or backspace then it craps out. You need to be accurate with the key entry - first time - no errors. Then you are good to go.

duggerd

Post by duggerd »

I built the RC1a version too. I did all the settings on the first try. Should I try the 1.0 (Not RC1) software?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”