Problems with Configuration

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Lowismen

Problems with Configuration

Post by Lowismen »

Hello everyone, I have made my WB following the instructions from the website, changing all the wrong material. Yesterday I started with the configuration of my atmega88 and it got me crazy. I have searched on the forum something to solve the problem and I didn't find anything. I admite I'm a bit noob on this. I follow the tutorial and it neither works. I try to use this:
C:\...\WB2010_Firmware\avrdude -c avrispmkII -p m88

and it shows me this.

avrdude stk500_2_receivemessage() timeout

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Could someone explain me step by step how to configure it?

Thank you in advance.

lightningserpent

Re: Problems with Configuration

Post by lightningserpent »

Is your programmer really the avrispmkII or are you using something else like the USBTinyISP?
Are you powering the WB with an external power source?

These are two things to double check that could be the problem.

Lowismen

Post by Lowismen »

Yes to both things.

I'm using this one:
http://www2.mouser.com/ProductDetail/At ... AC5w%3d%3d

I tryed to use -c avrisp2 but it say the same.

And I'm powering it with a external power supply with 3.7V, the same as the battery. May I use the battery board to power it?

lightningserpent

Post by lightningserpent »

I don't see why you couldn't use the battery board to power it. I am not sure with the AVRISP but with the USBTiny you need to specify the port it is attached to, either in the makefile and/or in the command line.

What ATMega are you using on the board? Make sure you have the fuses burned accordingly. The ATMega88 does not use the same fuses as the ATMega88P and the makefile assumes the ATmega88 is used.

If all of this checks out you will need to get your voltmeter and begin checking the pin connections starting with VCC and GND pins.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”