BANNED's

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
extratitanian

BANNED's

Post by extratitanian »

Anyone have a few extras they'd be willing to sell? Min order from Microcircuits seems to be 20 of them at the moment which doesn't exactly sound very appealing since I'm only building one bubble at the moment...

lightningserpent

Re: BANNED's

Post by lightningserpent »

I bought my BANNED on eBay as a pair, but If you cannot get a hold of any SXA-389B or BANNED-84 you could substitute a BGA6589. I used a BGA6589 when I had a BANNED fail. I suppose it worked just as well, but I had problems with C60 so it really isn't fair to make a comparison. Unfortunately I do not not have any for sale, I just wanted to offer a possible alternative.

For a detailed overview of my build check out:
lightningserpent's RC1a Build Journal

extratitanian

Re: BANNED's

Post by extratitanian »

I ended up just picking up a 20 pack from minicircuits. I figure I'll put the rest on ebay and help out anyone else who doesn't want to drop a bunch of money on a bulk pack.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”