anyone got a spare SXA-389B or two?

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mondy

anyone got a spare SXA-389B or two?

Post by mondy »

I have trouble getting this one. Does anyone got two spares I can buy?
I will pay for postage as well. Would appreciate it a lot.

scoopin

Post by scoopin »

im not shure if this is good for the w.b. but i know its the right freq range and its a 1 watt transistor......Image

mondy

Post by mondy »

Think I'll stick with the recommended one. Can anyone help me with two of these?

mondy

Post by mondy »

Can no one help me with this one? Anyone got two spares?

bushing

Post by bushing »

mondy wrote:Can no one help me with this one? Anyone got two spares?
The only place in the US that you can get this is RFMW. They're nice people, but not easy to order from -- you have to email back and forth with a real person, email or fax a credit card number, etc. (In other words, they're not really set up to deal with hobbyists, but they'll try to work with you.) Their prices are something like (from memory)

1-9: $3.70
10-99: $3.30
100+: $3.03

Add about $7ish for shipping and 8.25% sales tax if you live in CA (I do). I ordered 10 SXA-389B and 2 of the more powerful SXB parts, and the total on my credit card came out to be around $55, IIRC.

I wouldn't mind trying to aggregate some orders to reduce the cost; if enough people are interested, I could order a batch of 100 to split. That will end up costing me around $350, so I don't want to do it unless there are enough other people around who would be willing to send me some cash up-front to buy them; if so, I could take PayPal payments for, say, $3.15 per part plus $1.50 for shipping (1st class mail), handling, and to cover the PayPal overhead.

I could also order some of the more powerful SXB-4089 -- I believe that they were a little more than twice the price of the SXA-389BZ, but that would also depend on how many we ordered at once.

MightyGuru

Post by MightyGuru »

bushing wrote:They're nice people, but not easy to order from
I would disagree. Everytime I have ordered it has been a seamless process. Forget the back and forth emailing; especially your credit card info!!! :shock: All you have to do is call them. 877-367-7369 I always deal with a guy names Rich Veno. Very nice guy.

magician13134

Post by magician13134 »

And it appears you can sample them too...
http://www.rfmw.com/PortalProductDetail ... 0208&fmt=1

I could be wrong though

bushing

Post by bushing »

MightyGuru wrote:
bushing wrote:They're nice people, but not easy to order from
I would disagree. Everytime I have ordered it has been a seamless process. Forget the back and forth emailing; especially your credit card info!!! :shock: All you have to do is call them. 877-367-7369 I always deal with a guy names Rich Veno. Very nice guy.
Yeah, Rich is cool. Let me amend that -- "you can't really order from them online." Not the world's biggest problem, but ... eh. :)
magician13134 wrote:And it appears you can sample them too...
http://www.rfmw.com/PortalProductDetail ... 0208&fmt=1

I could be wrong though
Please don't. Rich knows about this project (hell, maybe he's even reading this? Hi Rich? :)). I first tried sampling the part from them and never heard back, so I gave in and ordered. Given that they know why people want the part and are willing to sell it anyway, and given that they're the only domestic source of the part, we should not abuse their generosity.

mondy

Post by mondy »

My oral english is not so sturdy (I'm norwegian), anyone got his email, and willing to send me a PM?

wealthywine

Re: anyone got a spare SXA-389B or two?

Post by wealthywine »

Thanks for the kind words.

You may see a sample link on our website, but that message is geared for Original Equipment Manufacturers. But we have no purchase min and accept all major credit cards so we can accomodate small purchases from hobbyists like yourself. My direct phone # is 410-878-7551 and you can also order from our main website, www.rfmw.com

Regards - Rich Veno at RFMW

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”