Red and Blue make Purple right???

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
scott02127

Red and Blue make Purple right???

Post by scott02127 »

Okay, silly me, I purchased the SpokePOV kits before reading the overview section. Anyway I bought 2 kits one Red and one Blue for my daughters bike thinking I would put one on each tire. I understand (after reading the overview) that this would work and look good at around 15Mph. I would like it to look good at a lower speed too, so I was thinking of putting them both on one tire. Not only would this look better at lower speeds but it would be nice to keep the tire balanced. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had done this with 2 different colors(red and blue in this case), and was there any negatives or positives in doing so? Red and blue should make purple, I hope...

Thanks,
Scott

The_Don125

Re: Red and Blue make Purple right???

Post by The_Don125 »

Red and blue would indeed make purple, and if you want to get fancy, you can now have a 4-bit color depth! Specifically, your images can now be red, blue, black, and purple.

kayrock66

Post by kayrock66 »

You may have trouble getting the color mix effect because the 2 LED sticks won't track closely enough, and those LEDs image as small bright point of light. But you might get some cool 2 color images.

JewelerChris

Post by JewelerChris »

Red and Blue make Magenta.

Our cone receptors are Red, Green, and Violet. What we consider "blue" is actually a mixture of violet and a little green, such as the 470nm blue LED, whereas a BANNED laser is actually violet (aka purple) at 405nm. Ultraviolet is considered 380nm-400nm, hence the term.

When blue and red are mixed, it creates the perceptual color Magenta (there is no wavelength for Magenta).

mtbf0

Post by mtbf0 »

of course, you won't get good color mixing 'til you get up to 15mph.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”