Willing to pay extra for someone to build a SpokePOV for me

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dubayou

Willing to pay extra for someone to build a SpokePOV for me

Post by dubayou »

Like the title says, ive very interested in the spokepov system, and would like to put it on my bike. but i have very little soldering skills,
i want the SpokePOV because it seams to be the only system open to programing (next to makingsomething from scratch)

Willing to pay extra.

send me a pm or reply... thanks

Punkshnitz

Re: Willing to pay extra for someone to build a SpokePOV for me

Post by Punkshnitz »

Hi, did you find someone to build it? I would be interested but am in the uk if that's any use?

nateloaf

Post by nateloaf »

If you just want to buy something cool, you may be better off looking at one of these: http://www.monkeylectric.com/ They seem pretty swanky :)

matajumotors

Post by matajumotors »

I am going to build some POV devices soon. Just PM me Your email, and i will tell you details on progress. Price will be little higer (cant tell it now) than Spokepov kit (witch is $99 for 3 boards). My version will be smarter with more memory. (8 images, 3 animations(16 frames each), km/h(mph) mode, and "blink" mode. Rechargeable battery and charger included. And ofcourse you will be able to modify images, animations, settings (magnet position, wheel size, which modes to display, mirror text or not etc). PC side software is not fully finished, but already its working, just not very user friendly =].
You can check my homepage for updates, i will put the info there.

CraigKC

Post by CraigKC »

I actually have 2 sets (6 total) red SpokePOV that I bought just for one event a month ago. They're already built, tested, and used once. I was thinking about selling anyway since I don't ever really ride a bike around here. If you want them they're yours for $100 each set of 3. They're basically built for free -- and it took *hours* to build 6 of them!

dracolytch

Post by dracolytch »

I'm also looking for someone who has some completed SpokePOVs. I really like the programability, since I could use them to raise visibility of charities during 24 hour cycling events, but my soldering skills are... Sub-par.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”