Pluggable LEDs and Resistors

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
spinozaq

Pluggable LEDs and Resistors

Post by spinozaq »

I haven't seen a kit in person yet... they are on the way! I'm so excited. I figured while I'm waiting I would read the site and browse the forum so I can be ready for assembly and any problems that come up. Hopefully none will be serious. From what I can see the LEDs in the kit are interchangeable... minus a bit of extra voltage for the blue and different resistors paired to the LEDs. I was curious if anyone has ever made the LEDs and resistors "plug in" to the circuit board using a long bar.

The rough design in my head is to attach pins onto the side where the resistor attaches to, and on where the LEDs connection heads back to the IC. The connection from resistor to LED would be made "in the bar" rather then double the number of pins mounted on the board. I imagine the bar of LEDs and resistors would look kind of like a long IDE hard drive plug.

What is the vertical spacing of the connections on the LEDs and the resistors ? I hope to find a pre-made plastic piece that would work.

It would be so great to have a cheap simple way to change out color on a kit. It would allow more experimentation with less kits. Any input?

adafruit

Re: Pluggable LEDs and Resistors

Post by adafruit »

i doubt it would work. they really do need to be soldered in while being flung about the wheel

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”