cannot communicate via parallel port

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
boulderlund

cannot communicate via parallel port

Post by boulderlund »

Hi,
I am having trouble getting my spokepov board to talk to my computer using the parallel port. I installed v 1.4 of the spokepov software and also installed giveio on my desktop system runnning Windows XP. The output of the giveio status program says ok at the bottom. When I hit the connect button on the spokepov software I get the "unable to communicate..." error. I double checked all of the port settings and ran the test port program, using a voltmeter as directed. All of the voltages matched what was specified and I answered "Yes" to all of the questions. The test ends saying that I should be ready to connect. After reading all relevant posts on this site, I double checked all of the solder joints and placement of the parts on the dongle. Everything tested good. There are tons of solder joints on the main board but as far as I can tell they are all fine. One post indicated that a similar problem was resolved by messing with the port settings (under the device manager, I think). I experimented with various interrupt settings but to no avail. I wonder if there are any additional troubleshooting steps I can do.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

boulderlund

Re: cannot communicate via parallel port

Post by boulderlund »

I found the problem! Turns out that the EEPROM was installed backwards! Sorry for the trouble.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”