Animations not working; software crashes

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dabdiputs

Animations not working; software crashes

Post by dabdiputs »

I had a working SpokePOV for the better part of a year, but unfortunately I didn't treat it very well (rode it in the rain several times...) and now it has stopped stopped working unexpectedly. Here are the symptoms:

When riding all the lights light up, instead of the pattern I had uploaded.

When I connect to the computer, it appears to find the device ok, but no picture is added to the window (not even the wheel outline or anything). When I select either "Save" or "Import BMP", the program crashes. One more strange thing: When I choose "Open" and try to load the biohazard.dat file, I get a File mismatch error reading "This file has 30 linear pixels (LEDs), while this SpokePOV only supports 0 leds"

Has anyone seen this kind of problem? Any suggestions of how to troubleshoot this, or where to focus on when looking for hardware issues?

Thanks.

adafruit

Re: Animations not working; software crashes

Post by adafruit »

oi sounds like the chip got a bit frazzled. might try to remove it from the socket, clean it and the socket and put it back. it might be zorked and need replacement

signalnine

Post by signalnine »

I'm getting the same error. This is on a brand new SpokePOV. It does display the preprogrammed images just fine. I'm running the latest version of the software on OS X 10.5.8.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

what error are you getting

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”