bitty image

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
slip

bitty image

Post by slip »

Well, this is fun. recently finished my first pov kit and downloaded v1.4 software, i'm using usb-serial adaptor. but the programme only wanted to recognize parallel port (lpt1) which i dont have. eventually downloaded v1.2 which shows up as v2.0. Started off ok but the comms delay has dissapeared, but not to worry as the v1.4 i'd previously downloaded suddenly started to recognize serial port (COM7). Anyway, when i load a BMP image a few little red dots appear over the greyed out image instead of filling the image. PITA to fill each sqaure one by one. Any suggestions? and do you have a link for turning these things off or getting them to sync up. Feel like i've bought someone elses half finished electronics project. And please dont ban me again, this place needs some colour.

adafruit

Re: bitty image

Post by adafruit »

we suggest the v1.4 software
perhaps you did not restart the software after plugging in the adapter.
there are example BMPs, try those first

m00njal

Re: bitty image

Post by m00njal »

slip wrote:Well, this is fun. recently finished my first pov kit and downloaded v1.4 software, i'm using usb-serial adaptor. but the programme only wanted to recognize parallel port (lpt1) which i dont have. eventually downloaded v1.2 which shows up as v2.0. Started off ok but the comms delay has dissapeared, but not to worry as the v1.4 i'd previously downloaded suddenly started to recognize serial port (COM7). Anyway, when i load a BMP image a few little red dots appear over the greyed out image instead of filling the image. PITA to fill each sqaure one by one. Any suggestions? and do you have a link for turning these things off or getting them to sync up. Feel like i've bought someone elses half finished electronics project. And please dont ban me again, this place needs some colour.

Slip, it would be best to specify what operating system you're running, the USB-Serial adapter too. I had a lot of problems with a Belkin USB adapter until I switched to a generic one made by Gearhead which had the prolific chipset and it has worked great.

And Adafruit products are definitely anything BUT half-finished products, they are the best in the industry if you ask me! Best hardware and software. Give it a little patience and research, and it'll eventually work. It was totally worth it when I got my set programmed and running on my bike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”