Virus in spokepov.exe!

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jagger

Virus in spokepov.exe!

Post by Jagger »

I just downloaded the file SpokePOVv1_2.zip from the downloads http://www.ladyada.net/make/spokepov/download.html
As soon as I unzipped it my AVG said the spokepov.exe is a virus! (Trojan horse PSW.Generic2.EUH to be exact) I'm wondering what is up with that? Anybody know of this?

matajumotors

Post by matajumotors »

NAV2005 and TrendMicro did NOT find there anything .... :D

Jagger

Post by Jagger »

matajumotors wrote:NAV2005 and TrendMicro did NOT find there anything .... :D
Well i've never had Norton work worth a beans (Had known viruses and it said I was clean) so I don't trust it. I don't know TrendMicro too well. So far AVG has been great so I trust it more than others although maybe my settings are too high?(Use Heuristics?) Anybody else?

pvt. cowboy

Post by pvt. cowboy »

Nope, I use AVG as well. After making sure my definitions were updated, I downloaded and unzipped the file. Nothing. I even purposely scanned just the unzipped folder itself, still nothing. I would redownload the file and try again, otherwise I would disregard it.

matajumotors

Post by matajumotors »

TrendMicro,
there is online free scanner http://www.trendmicro.com

warebear

Post by warebear »

I wouldn't doubt if you have tweaked the AVG to be a little more sensitive I have found that some programs that go out and program items have certain code that some anti-virus programs will actually try to remove...

I work for internet help desk and our software does that every so often just because it verifies settings with our modem and also goes out and programs our modem.

=/ trust me...it's a daily call.

Jagger

Post by Jagger »

Thanks! If you guy's are using it then it must be OK. I'll tell my AVG to ignore it!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”