Build a SpokePOV

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jlamont2020

Build a SpokePOV

Post by jlamont2020 »

I'm wanting to do a custom SpokePOV setup, but need some help on the starting point. I've never been very good with PCB soldering, so I'd prefer to start with a system that I know works. I'm looking for someone who would want to build 4 blue SpokePOV kits. I've done robotics building before, so I have the ability to do it, I also recognize that I don't really do the best soldering on a PCB.

Eventually I want to test the limits of the software and hardware in making it compatible with many more memory banks for very simplistic animation. I would prefer, however, to start with a working system and go from there. I do better reverse engineering a product, and then modifying it to fit my needs. However the first obstacle is paying someone to build a SpokePOV system.

Beez65

Re: Build a SpokePOV

Post by Beez65 »

Did you find someone to build these for you yet?
CB

jlamont2020

Post by jlamont2020 »

Unfortunately, no. I ended up building them myself. I'm actually better at through-hole than I remember.

Beez65

Post by Beez65 »

Well good!
That's what keeps them affordable.
Mine are working and getting a lot of appreciation.
I just have to be careful not to wreck my bike trying to watch them and ride... :oops:
b

jlamont2020

Post by jlamont2020 »

yeah, well unfortunately a day before I got the last one finished, my bike decided to throw the rear derailleur into the wheel so it's in the shop. I unfortunately haven't been able to test 'em.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”