Help with SpokePOV Problem?

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Ouly

Help with SpokePOV Problem?

Post by Ouly »

I have my SpokePOV so it passes the hardware check on hard boot.

I go through the image download process and consistently get the IO Error at 1024. Based on other threads it looks like I can ignore this message?

After I download my image (LED's cycle while download is in progress) and turn the SpokePOV on it just sits there with LED 1 and LED 9 on. I've tried putting it on a bike with the magnet in place and LED 1 and 9 just stay on.

Any ideas on where to look?

Also, for debugging can I pass the magnet back and forth across the sensor and expect to see anything or would I have to attach it to my bike each time?

Thanks,
Chris.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

1. try the new software and verify you are actually writing to the board.

2. also are you using the south side of a magnet? the ones we sell have a red stripe on that side.

Ouly

Post by Ouly »

I tried out the new software (I think it's much better than the original version I was using. As a footnote, I had it dissapper on me a couple of times right after opening a .dat file that I had just saved).

I can, Write to Spoke without error now and Verify gives me success. Read From Spoke uploads my picture as well.

Problem is, when I put it on my bike I get the same result. No picture. I tried the magnet both ways.

Any ideas?

Chris.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

check the sensor, that is the only thing that could be bad! use a multimeter to verify the output pin is flipping up and down when you pass the magnet near by. look at the soldering, and make sure its in right. also try fresh batteries

Ouly

Post by Ouly »

I think the sensor was in backwards? I didn't realize it was directional.

I switched it around and all is looking good now!

Thanks,
Chris.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”