Faulty IC1 Microcontroller

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ElWahpo

Faulty IC1 Microcontroller

Post by ElWahpo »

About a year back a purchased the (red) 3 SpokePOV& USBtinyISP kit. Just lately I finally finished sodering up #1 and #2. That's when I ran into a problem.
Powered up #2 and all of the LED's lit up. I tried the reset button but no results. I powered down and inspected all soder connections, all looked o.k. When I
powered up #2 again the LED's all lit and froze but in a different pattern. To search further into the problem I tried swapping out the only things not sodered
in. Took the IC1 intended for #3 and swapped it with the IC1 in #2. Powered up and all works fine. I also tried connecting the USBtinyISP to the SpokePOV
with IC1 #2 and it was dead in the water. So I guess I need a replacement pre-programmed IC1. What do I do to get a replacement?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Faulty IC1 Microcontroller

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Did you buy these from Adafruit? We don't see you in the database.

ElWahpo

Post by ElWahpo »

Now that I look at the date on the package shipped, it is 8/12/2012. Wow it sure seemed like a year ago. My wife ordered it as a BD gift for me. It
was shipped to Peoria AZ. 85381 via USPS from Adafruit Industries.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Alright. If you contact [email protected] with a link to this thread they can send you out a replacement SpokePOV processor.

ElWahpo

Post by ElWahpo »

Just a note of thanks to Adafruit_support for your help and guidence in getting my IC1 problem resolved.
I just got an e-mail that a replacement IC1 has been shipped out today for my #3 SpokePOV.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”