SpokePOV software and Windows 98SE

SpokePOV kit for bikes

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kayrock66

SpokePOV software and Windows 98SE

Post by kayrock66 »

My older machines, the ones with serial and parallel ports and the ones I use for this kind of stuff are running Windows 98SE. The software mostly works but the user interface is a little bit wonkey. Please try it if you can.

The kinds of things I'm seeing are:
In BMX wheel setting, mouse clicks in the wheel picture register as red dots at the wrong radius. Mouse clicks or imported bitmaps with on pixels in the outer 8 or so rings illuminate the entire circle of pixels.

It seems to be just a display issue and not effecting the generated EEPROM file because when I download the display looks good on the wheel even if the computer display was showing a the big red bands.

I've tried it on 2 PCs and get the same results.

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but it would be awesome if the software didn't require you to be connected to the hardware in order to run. This would allow people to spend more time perfecting cool new images and sequences since they wouldn't have to work on the ground in the garage next to their bike. And people could be creating cool displays while they eagerly await the arrival of their kit.
Last edited by kayrock66 on Wed May 07, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

kayrock66

Post by kayrock66 »

I think I found a work around for my problems with Win 98. If I make the Spokepov window smaller in size, for example by running in the 640x480 video mode then I don't get the weird red bands or uncorrelated mouse clicks and red dots.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SpokePOV (discontinued)”